Renowned Carl Zeiss contrast and resolution brings out the best in Î±7 and Î±7R full frame E-mount bodies. The T* coating works with an innovative optical design to suppress internal reflections, for sublime contrast from highlights to deep blacks. In keeping with the Sonnar concept a large F1.8 maximum aperture can produce beautiful full-frame background bokeh, but you also have the option of stopping down for extended depth-of-field. A bright lens like this is also an advantage when shooting indoors or outdoors in low light. Linear motor driven internal focusing is smooth and quiet, and a dust and moisture resistant design ensures consistently reliable performance.
- 55mm focal length and large aperture in a "normal" prime lens with impressive Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* contrast and resolution.
- 35mm full frame format, a large F1.8 maximum aperture, and sophisticated design make this lens ideal for Î±7 and Î±7R bodies.
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh.
- Dust and moisture resistant design.
In The Box
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Lens (Black) SEL55F18Z
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
|Lens configuration (group / element)||5 / 7|
|35mm-equivalent focal length (APS-C)* (mm)||82.5|
|Angle of view (APS-C)*||29°|
|Angle of view (35mm full frame)||43°|
|No. of aperture blade||9|
|Min. aperture (F)||22|
|Max. magnification ratio (x)||0.14|
|Min. focus (m)||0.5|
|Filter dia. (mm)||49|
|Hood shape / mount||petal / bayonet|
|Dimensions: Dia. x L (mm)||64.4 x 70.5|
|Dimensions: Dia. x L (in.)||2-5/8 x 2-7/8|
|Weight: (approx.) (g)||281|
|Weight: (approx.) (oz.)||10|
|Provided accessories||ALC-SH131, case|