The Samyang 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens for Canon EF produces a slightly telephoto angle-of-view on full-frame sensors. It features a very fast maximum aperture of T1.5 and an 8 blade iris, for shallow depth of field with attractive bokeh. The focus and aperture control rings are outfitted with industry standard gearing, which provides an interface for working with a traditional follow focus. The aperture control ring has also been "declicked", which facilitates smooth iris pulls.
The 85mm has a minimum focus distance of 3.6'. Internal focusing minimizes the effects of lens breathing, which insures a more consistent angle-of-view when adjusting focus. The lens is composed of 9 elements in 7 groups, including one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations. In addition, a multi-coated elements help improve light transmission.
- Covers Full-Frame Format Sensors
- Very Fast T1.5 Maximum Aperture
- 8 Blade Iris for Attractive Bokeh
- Geared Focus and Aperture Control Rings
- "Declicked" Aperture Control Ring
- Minimum Focus Distance of 3.6'
- Internal Focusing
- Aspheric Lens Element Limits Distortion
- Lens Multi-Coating Improves Transmission
In The Box
- Samyang 85mm T/1.5 VDSLR Cine Lens for Canon EF Mount
- Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Soft Pouch
Minimum Focus Distance
3.6' (1 m)
manual focus only
Angle of View
9 elements in 7 groups (with 1 aspherical lens)
Dimensions (Diam. x L)
3.07 x 2.94" (7.80 x 7.47 cm)