The Zeiss Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 Lens for Canon EF Mount & Nikon F Mount is a precision ultra wide-angle lens built with a Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflection coating that yields images with depth, contrast, and brilliance even under difficult lighting situations. It also delivers photos with contrasting edges, without color fringing. This manual focus ultra wide-angle provides the photographer with a tool that enables dramatic perspectives and creative possibilities. It's useful for landscape photography, interiors and other subjects that require its unique spatial organization. It focuses to 9.84" (24.99 cm).
The 15mm f/2.8 features electronic shutter control and additional electronic contacts to the camera. All existing exposure programs (P, AV, TV, M) and the AF confirmation function of the camera are supported; lens information (focal length and speed) is passed on to the camera. Certain functions that require the use of AF lenses (various scene modes, A-DEP) are partially unavailable. It has a M95 x 1.0 size filter thread and a built-in lens shade.
- Extraordinary chromatic aberration correction
- Prevention of color fringes caused by chromatic aberration almost without exception.
- Two aspheric lenses, special types of glass with exceptional partial dispersion and the floating elements design, guarantee high image quality from close-up to infinity.
- Anti-reflective coating and the advanced treatment of the lens edges with special dark black lacquers ensure insensitivity to reflections and stray light.
- Whether salt crystals or drops of water-its integrated lens shade and standard filter thread afford the front lens optimal protection from wind and weather.
In The Box
- Carl Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 T* Distagon for Nikon
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
Comparable DX Focal Length: 22.5 mm
0.25 m ????
Coverage at close range
340 x 221 mm
Camera Mount Type
Canon EF/Nikon F
35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Canon EF/EF-S & Nikon FX/DX
Angle of View
Minimum Focus Distance
9.84" (24.99 cm)
Approx. 4.06 x 5.31" (103 x 135 mm)