Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Full-frame E-mount Lens SEL55F18Z
ADD TO CART
Important Notice:Due to the recent outbreak of the coronavirus, our delivery time is being affected in Australia, Europe and the United States. Please allow additional time for your order to arrive during this time. You may contact our customer service for further details on the status of your order.
Renowned Carl Zeiss contrast and resolution brings out the best in Î±7 and Î±7R full frame E-mount bodies. The T* coating works with an innovative optical design to suppress internal reflections, for sublime contrast from highlights to deep blacks. In keeping with the Sonnar concept a large F1.8 maximum aperture can produce beautiful full-frame background bokeh, but you also have the option of stopping down for extended depth-of-field. A bright lens like this is also an advantage when shooting indoors or outdoors in low light. Linear motor driven internal focusing is smooth and quiet, and a dust and moisture resistant design ensures consistently reliable performance.
- 55mm focal length and large aperture in a "normal" prime lens with impressive Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* contrast and resolution.
- 35mm full frame format, a large F1.8 maximum aperture, and sophisticated design make this lens ideal for Î±7 and Î±7R bodies.
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh.
- Dust and moisture resistant design.
In The Box
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Lens (Black) SEL55F18Z
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
Lens configuration (group / element)
5 / 7
35mm-equivalent focal length (APS-C)* (mm)
Angle of view (APS-C)*
Angle of view (35mm full frame)
No. of aperture blade
Min. aperture (F)
Max. magnification ratio (x)
Min. focus (m)
Filter dia. (mm)
Hood shape / mount
petal / bayonet
Dimensions: Dia. x L (mm)
64.4 x 70.5
Dimensions: Dia. x L (in.)
2-5/8 x 2-7/8
Weight: (approx.) (g)
Weight: (approx.) (oz.)