Samyang 50 mm f/1.4 AS UMC has been designed for cameras and camcorders fitted with photosensitive 24x36mm or smaller sensor. It gives 46.2 degrees field of view, and thanks to high brightness value of f/1.4 it comes as a great tool in poor lighting conditions, ensuring splendid image quality and small depth of field.
Optics of the lens consists of nine lens elements arranged in six groups (including one aspherical and one hybrid aspherical lens element). To ensure high contrast and faithful colour reproduction, all lens elements have been covered with multi-layered UMC anti-reflective coatings.
Samyang 50mm f/1.4 lens ensures exceptionally smooth and aesthetic mapping for out of focus areas beyond the focal plain, producing the so called bokeh effect. Thanks to the eight-bladed aperture, the subjects located outside the depth of field are shown with extremely smooth features. This feature will be appreciated by professional filmmakers and photographers taking portrait photos.
- Canon EF Mount/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 22
- One Hybrid and One Aspherical Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating Lens Coat
- Manual Focus & Aperture Lens
- Internal Focus Design
- Bright Distance & Depth of Field Scales
- Minimum Focus Distance: 17.7"
- Filter Thread Diameter: 77mm
- Removable Petal Style Lens Hood
In The Box
- Samyang 50mm f/1.4 AS UMC Lens for Canon EF Mount
- Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Pouch
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on APS-C Format Focal Length: 80 mm
Camera Mount Type
35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Angle of View
APS-C Picture Angle: 29°
Minimum Focus Distance
17.7" (44.96 cm)
Approx. 3.2 x 2.9" (8.13 x 7.37 cm)