A normal-length prime with close-focusing capabilities, the FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens from Sony offers an impressive 1:1 maximum magnification, along with a 6.3" minimum focusing distance, for making life-size imagery of close-up subjects. Useful controls, such as a top-printed distance and magnification scale, focus range limiter, and focus hold button, all benefit more precise focusing adjustments for refined results. Complementing the handling capabilities, the optical design also incorporates both an aspherical and an extra-low dispersion element, which work to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased clarity throughout the focus range. Additionally, the lens sports a dust- and moisture-resistant design to benefit working in inclement weather conditions.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- One Aspherical Element
- Life-Size 1:1 Magnification
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 6.3"
- Focus Range Limiter & Focus Hold Button
- Dust- & Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
In The Box
- Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens SEL50M28
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
Camera Mount Type
Sony E (Full-Frame)
35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Minimum Focus Distance
6.30" (16 cm)
Maximum Reproduction Ratio
Front: 55 mm
Approx. 2.79 x 2.80" (70.8 x 71 mm)
Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
4.8 x 4.1 x 3.4"